10-month-old baby gets toy poisoning, suffers brain damage

10-month-old baby gets toy poisoning, suffers brain damage

A 10-month-old British baby has suffered brain damage after accidentally swallowing a toy called magic water pearls. The little boy swallowed one of these small balls, which caused gradual damage to his brain, despite being classified as “non-toxic”.

10-month-old baby gets toy poisoning, suffers brain damage

This situation is consistent with an international study, published by the scientific journal Science, which reveals that there are almost 130 chemicals of concern in plastic toys that could harm children’s health.

Doctors didn’t know why the little boy was sick

Kipley, the baby who suffered the brain damage, had to undergo investigative surgery for doctors to find out what was wrong with him, as in a matter of days he went from being a healthy child to having insomnia and developing skin rashes on his face, according to the British media The Sun

His parents began to worry, but his doctor ruled out serious problems.

A few weeks later, little Kipley’s symptoms intensified, he began vomiting non-stop and they had to perform the operation which discovered that the baby had swallowed a ‘water pearl’, a popular small toy with which children build colorful shapes.

The baby’s parents had given these water pearls to their six-year-old daughter Abigail months earlier as a birthday present, and although they did not allow their youngest child to play with them, the baby must have ingested one of them in an oversight.

“It looked good, and then all hell broke loose”

The mother is still in shock at what happened, as her son has developed toxic brain encephalopathy as a result of exposure to the dangerous chemical acrylamide used in the beads.

“He looked fine, and then all hell broke loose. It changed him: the way he walked, the way he talked, the way he interacts with the world … he doesn’t even sleep the same way anymore,” the mother explained on the social network Tik Tok.

The brain damage suffered by Kipley is irreversible and experts in this type of toy have warned parents not to let very young children play with the water beads, as they can ingest them like this baby.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Woman chases leopard that had trapped her son for two kilometers and rescues him in India

Woman chases leopard that had trapped her son for two kilometers and rescues him in India

Woman stabs husband's pet to death to get revenge

Woman stabs husband’s pet to death to get revenge