A teenager dies electrocuted in France after dropping her cell phone in the bathtub

A teenager dies electrocuted after dropping her cell phone in the bathtub

A teenage girl has died in the French town of Macon, in the Burgundy region (east), after her cell phone fell into the bathtub. The girl was resuscitated by police personnel, but eventually died due to the severity of her injuries.

A teenager dies electrocuted after dropping her cell phone in the bathtub

The thirteen-year-old girl, identified as Celestine, had spent an evening at home with friends at her apartment, local newspaper Le Journal de Saône-et-Loire reported.

A police team responded to the emergency alerted by the parents and managed to resuscitate the girl thanks to rapid cardiac resuscitation maneuvers. She was evacuated in critical condition to a Lyon hospital. Another girl friend of the victim was also hospitalized in shock.

The authorities have opened an investigation to find out the exact circumstances of this accident.

The girl’s mother spoke to the local newspaper while the girl was still in a coma to raise awareness of this risk to other families. “Let other teenagers learn from what happened because they have their phones glued to their hands!” she said.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Christmas dinner in Oslo ends with at least 17 suspected cases of umbilical cord blood transfusions

Christmas dinner in Oslo ends with at least 17 suspected cases of umbilical cord blood transfusions

Arizona nurse sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually abusing disabled woman

Arizona nurse sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually abusing disabled woman