British teenager faces amputation after being bitten by a spider in Ibiza

British teenager faces amputation after being bitten by a spider in Ibiza

A British teenager who was bitten by a spider in Ibiza faces the amputation of two fingers… It all started on some stairs in the popular seaside resort of San Antonio.

British teenager faces amputation after being bitten by a spider in Ibiza

After sitting down to watch the sunset, the 19-year-old first noticed something was wrong when he felt a stinging sensation on his right hand.

Without thinking much about it, the teenager continued his night and went to bed, but woke up at 5 a.m. the next morning with his hand “burning” and “swollen,” he told Diario de Ibiza.

An injection at a local health center did not improve his hand, so he was transferred to Can Misses Hospital in the island’s capital, Ibiza Town, as his hand worsened.

“I started to panic because my hands were getting purpler and purpler and the doctors told me they had never seen anything like this.”

Finally, his medical problem was diagnosed after a series of battery tests, the results showed that the teenager had been bitten by a poisonous brown recluse spider.

In some cases, a brown recluse spider bite can even be fatal if not treated in time. Brown recluse spiders are found in Spain and the central and southern United States.

They are sometimes called violin spiders because their heads have a darker marking reminiscent of a violin. In most cases, the bite of a brown recluse spider does not produce any symptoms.

However, when symptoms do occur, a small white blister may appear at the site of the bite shortly after the bite. The lesions are dry, bluish-gray or bluish-white spots with irregular borders and surrounded by redness.

In severe reactions, the sting site may develop a “volcanic lesion,” according to Ohio State University. The damaged tissue can become gangrenous and leave an open wound that can be as large as a human hand.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A female safari park worker died instantly after being attacked by a tiger

A female safari park worker died instantly after being attacked by a tiger

Huge bear filmed strolling through a grocery store in the U.S

Huge bear filmed strolling through a grocery store in the U.S