During the February 2021 State of Play, Square Enix announced some important news for Final Fantasy 7 Remake, let’s find out together.
Let’s start with the arrival on PS5, set for June 10, 2021, with an improved and enriched version, named Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.
- Discover the city of Midgar like never before with improved textures, lighting, and backgrounds. It will be possible to choose between two different visual modes: “Graphics”, which prioritizes high-resolution 4K graphics; “Performance”, which prioritizes motion fluidity at 60 frames per second.
- Capture and share your favorite moments from the game via the fully customizable Photo mode.
- Experience thrilling battles using the DualSense wireless controller with support for haptic feedback, and enjoy dynamic motorcycle racing with adaptive triggers.
- Discover new ways to play thanks to new difficulty levels for Classic Mode.
- Get right into the action with optimized loading times.
All those who have the PS4 version will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for free. Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrate will also include a brand new episode with Yuffie as the protagonist.
In this new adventure, the ninja Yuffie Kisaragi will infiltrate the Shinra palace to steal a very powerful matter and bring glory back to her homeland.
The Yuffie episode will be available for purchase separately on the Playstation Store by those coming from the PS4 version or included with the purchase of the PS5 version.
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE will be available in physical and digital Standard Edition, and Digital Deluxe Edition on the PlayStation Store.
The Digital Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrate includes a digital mini soundtrack with tracks such as “Descendant of Shinobi” and a digital artbook with concept art and character sheets.
Those who pre-order the standard digital version or the Digital Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrate will receive as a pre-order bonus the Shuryactus weapon to be used in the new episode Yuffie.
The news doesn’t end there. Square Enix has announced new games for Android and iOS set in the same universe, namely Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier, and Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis.
Final Fantasy VII The First soldier is a battle-royale action game set in Midgar before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII. In the role of an aspiring SOLDIER, the player will have to make the best use of magic and skills in a battle for survival. FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS is a chaptered single-player experience that will cover the entire FFVII timeline, including what happens in the original game and all FFVII compilations, plus new narrative elements related to the origins of the SOLDIERS written by Final Fantasy VII Remake screenwriter Kazushige Nojima.
Finally, the original FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE soundtrack will be available on online music subscription services such as Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon Music Unlimited, starting February 26. Soon, fans will be able to listen to the 156 tracks that brought FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE to life wherever and whenever they want.