Woman mistakenly gave marijuana brownies to a group of seniors

Woman mistakenly gave marijuana brownies to a group of seniors

Like every Tuesday night, Irene Koranda headed out to play cards at a community center for seniors in South Dakota and brought some candy to hand out. What she never imagined was that among those candies were marijuana brownies made by her son Michael, 46.

Woman mistakenly gave marijuana brownies to a group of seniors

According to Fox News, the incident occurred in the state of South Dakota.

After that, last January 4, the Bon Homme County Sheriff’s Office received calls reporting “possible poisonings”.

“An investigation into the incident [led me] to believe that all patients were under the influence of THC from a batch of brownies that were brought to the Community Center,” a statement explained.

After that, Sheriff Mark Maggs drove to the home of Koranda’s mother, who said she had brought the brownies to share while they played, and subsequently drove to the elementary school where her son, who ended up arrested, works.

It was also learned that Michael had returned from a recent trip to Colorado with products containing marijuana, which is not legal in South Dakota.

Before authorities, Michael “admitted to bringing 1 pound of THC butter” from Colorado, the affidavit says.

“Michael said he used a half pound of THC butter to make the brownies and then went to bed and his mother unknowingly brought the brownies to the card game where several people ate them,” it added.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Woman hangs herself after poisoning her two children to death

Kenya: Woman hangs herself after poisoning her two children to death

West Virginia reporter hit by car while on air

West Virginia reporter hit by car while on air